Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of CHemicals
- REACH is now law throughout the European Union (EU).
- If you do business in the EU or with an EU based company, REACH will affect you!
- Anyone who manufactures or imports more than a tonne of a regulated substance in or into the EU is required to register basic information about the substance.
If you do not have a presence in the EU an only representative can act on your behalf.
- Different requirements will apply depending upon the amount and nature of the substance such as the preparation of
Chemical Safety Assessments (CSAs), Exposure Scenarios (ESs), Risk Management Measures (RMMs) and updated Safety Data Sheets (SDSs).
- If you are a downstream user of a regulated substance it can affect you too, as your use has to be acknowledged or you will have to conduct
an assessment of risks for human health and the environment.
- Whether you need an only representative or SDS preparation we can help with any step of the process. Feel free to contact us.
- More information on REACH is available here
- REACH, An American Expatís Take on its Impact (YPSW 2012) is available here
Page revised 8 April, 2017